Tourmaline comes in many shades. In fact, this mineral appears in more shades than any other. Black tourmaline, sometimes called Schorl, is the most plentiful form of tourmaline. Black tourmaline is a powerful ally for those seeking protection or release.
- Psychic protection
- Cleanses negativity transforming it into raw energy
- Aids in purging energetic blockages and harmful thoughtforms
- Protection from psychic attack
- Connect with Earth energy
- Activate root chakra
- Ground light into the Earth
Black tourmaline is soothing to the emotional body. It can mollify painful emotions like grief or fear. Anxiety and stress are also both great reasons to call on the calming presence of this crystal. In fact, nearly anyone who is struggling with difficult emotions can be helped by adding black tourmaline to their auric field.
Work with black tourmaline to soothe yourself:
- If anxiety is destroying your quality of life.
- When you are in the grip of disempowering emotions.
- If tragedy strikes in your life.
Those struggling with feeling like they are in danger will also find a friend in this mineral. It doesn’t matter if you actually find yourself in a precarious situation or if you are experiencing paranoia; black tourmaline may be helpful. It is a powerful source of psychic and energetic protection. Because of that, it can really help to alleviate paranoia and defensiveness.
Work with black tourmaline to feel safer:
- If social anxiety has trapped you in your home.
- If you feel disconnected from your social circle because you think they may be gossiping about you behind your back.
- To help you keep your wits about you when you must face a dangerous situation.
Grounding is often recommended to recenter yourself emotionally. Black tourmaline is one of the best crystal allies when it comes to grounding. Meditating with it can help you to develop a deep connection to the Earth and give you the ability to call on it during times of stress.
Work with black tourmaline to center:
- When you are in an overwhelming situation.
- If you want to improve your connection with nature.
- To improve your attitude when you find you are creating a toxic loop in your own life.
Black tourmaline is a first-rate protection ally. It repels shadow projections, negative intentions, a psychic attack, and a host of spiritual poisons. Wear or carry this stone to protect yourself from metaphysical threats and to ease any threatening feelings.
Work with black tourmaline to protect yourself energetically:
- If you think someone may be trying to use energy to hurt you.
- If you suspect that your own shadow projections are negatively impacting your energy work.
- When you have reason to believe some entity is refusing to leave you alone.
Black tourmaline can clear the negative energy from your physical aura or physical space. If you need magical assistance letting go of something or overcoming an addiction, try working with this mineral. It is a purification powerhouse, clearing away negativity and disempowering energy wherever it is found.
Work with black tourmaline to clear negativity from your space:
- If something painful, violent, and/or traumatic happens in your space.
- When your space feels chaotic, especially after entertaining.
- In preparation for rituals or as regular housekeeping for your sacred space.
Partnering with black tourmaline offers deep earth connection and greater access to earth energy. It builds a pathway for light to ground itself into the earth. This can help you to combine light and earth energy or find a balance between the two.
Tourmaline is most commonly found as an accessory mineral in metamorphic or igneous mineral formations. All of these boron silicates share a crystal structure but tourmaline comes in a slew of different chemical makeups. Black tourmaline has a very distinctive prismatic crystal habit and Mohs hardness of 7 to 7 ½.
There are 32 different types of tourmaline! It was first recognized as its own mineral in 1793. Tourmaline is an important gemstone for the jewelry industry. Most of the types of tourmaline have jewelry industry-specific names like rubellite, indicolite, and schorl.