Bloodstone, sometimes called heliotrope, is a powerhouse! This is a go-to ally for warriors, leaders, and adventurers chasing their highest calling. Try working with bloodstone to maximize physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual strength by being fully present in your body and stay fully immersed in the moment.
- Strength and vitality
- Clarity of purpose
- Clears and activates the root chakra
- Influence legal matters
- Command victory in business or battle
- Money magic
Bloodstone invokes calm confidence and determination. When life throws you a curveball, remember that bloodstone’s frequency can help you to embody your strongest and most determined self so that you can navigate tough situations. Objectivity and tenacity allow you to bring your unique gifts to any situation and serve your own goals despite distractions, competition, or major obstacles.
Work with bloodstone to invoke calm confidence and determination during difficult times:
- When you experience challenges in your career or if you decide to strike out on your own and create your own business.
- If someone you love is ill or needs your advocacy.
- During a move.
Leveling up your life in any way requires courage. Bloodstone is an invaluable ally in facing your fear and acting anyway. Bloodstone is helpful in putting aside irrational fears that still cling to you because of your particular life experiences as well as walking through your fear of legitimate danger. Slay your personal dragons and claim the life you deserve by overcoming the limitation of fear.
Work with bloodstone to conjure courage:
- If you need to escape an abusive situation.
- When you are ready to engage in shadow work and face your own demons.
- If you find yourself paralyzed by fear and need help to move forward.
Sometimes it is impossible to move forward because you have no clarity of purpose. Bloodstone can help you to sort out what you want out of life or a given situation. This can help you get a clear picture of your desires and allow you to set goals that move you in the direction of those desires. Meditation with bloodstone can help you to see beyond self-imposed blocks to your highest purpose.
Work with bloodstone to clarify your purpose:
- If you feel lost or stuck and unsure of how to move forward.
- If you have no idea what you want out of life.
- If you are facing an insurmountable challenge and need to realign your perspective.
Bloodstone is at the top of my list of recommended stones for leaders. Great leaders are able to examine multiple perspectives and see how they all fit together to create a kick-ass team in service to a common goal. They are not trapped in narratives that serve their own egos nor do they need to tear down the egos of others to create forward motion. Great leaders have the courage and foresight to bring out the brilliance of each member of their team. They inspire incredible service to their objectives by honoring each individual’s contribution.
Work with bloodstone to enhance your leadership skills:
- If you find yourself in charge of a project.
- When you see a need that isn’t being filled in your community.
- To heal dysfunction in your family or team.
Crystal healers claim bloodstone grants physical strength and improved vitality. It is said to improve physical endurance and boost the immune system. Crystal healers also tend to prescribe bloodstones for all sorts of ailments related to blood such as high blood pressure, issues with bleeding, and anemia. In ancient times warriors used bloodstones to stop wounds from bleeding.
Bloodstone clears and activates the root chakra. The root chakra is also known as the first chakra. It is located at the base of the spine. The root chakra is related to survival, grounding, and conscious physical embodiment. A healthy root chakra results in stability in your environment and physical body.
Work with bloodstone to clear and activate your root chakra:
- If you feel disconnected from your physical body.
- When your living situation is hostile or insecure.
- If you are paralyzed by survival fears.
We live in a litigious society. Law governs business practices, interpersonal relations, how charitable organizations are run, and nearly every other facet of our modern life. Bloodstone is linked to magical intervention in legal matters. Try meditating with this stone or carrying it in your pocket to improve your chances of winning in court.
Work with bloodstone to help with legal matters:
- If you plan to throw yourself on the mercy of the court.
- When you need to ask for a continuance.
- If you are hoping to avoid court through successful mediation.
Bloodstone has long been used by those seeking an advantage in battle. The ancient Egyptians believed that bloodstone could bring victory to their warriors. Ancient Greeks and Romans wore them during athletic competitions. If you need an advantage over another in a physical competition bloodstone may be a great ally for you.
Work with bloodstone to increase your likelihood of victory:
- If you are engaging in competitive sports.
- When challenged professionally.
- If you have to physically defend yourself.
Bloodstone is a member of the quartz mineral family. It is technically a jasper which is an opaque chalcedony. Chalcedony is a cryptocrystalline form of quartz. It has a Mohs hardness of 6.5 to 7.
Before medieval times bloodstone was called heliotrope. Then there was a story about Christ’s blood splattering some green jasper during the crucifixion and creating bloodstone. This accounts for a lot of the lore pertaining to its healing abilities.